List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDM -- Sawfish desktop dead!
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2000-11-30 12:07:37

29 ?????? 2000 04:11, Benjamin Sher ???????:
|   Dear friends:
|
|   I decided, just for the fun of it, to try out all the desktops in KDM.
|   Everything works fine except for Sawfish (I didn't know it was a
|   desktop. I thought it was a Gnome window manager). I get a light purple
|
|   If Sawfish is dead, is there any way I can delete it from KDM's menu
|   altogether so as not to accidently have this happen again?

I have LM 7.2 and SawFish is working ok for me.
When it loads (less then 1 sec. on my Pentium III/600), there is no panel or
desktop menus. Just Background(tm)  /SawFish is really minimalist-type Window
Manager, and I like it a lot. If it was QT2-based, but it uses gdk.../

You can get Menu pop-up screen with RMB or middle mouse button, don't
remember correctly. Then select Logout - and you are again in KDM.
With popup menu, you can launch Konqueror (Kconsole, KMail) as well.
Konqueror works with SawFish.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)