List:       kde-user
Subject:    starting KDE 2 with kdm
From:       Michael Aufschanka <Anguirel () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-10-31 13:10:55

Hi all,

first of all I have to say KDE 2 is great!!! A lot of thanks to all developers.
You have done avery, very great job!!!!!
I just have a problem starting KDE 2 under SUSE 7.0.
I am not able to start KDE 2 via kdm.
I have to start the old KDE 1.1.2 (or another wm) via kdm and then I have to
change the runlevel, set a environment variable called "windowmanager=kde2" and
start the x-server with "startx".
How can I start the new kdm and select KDE 2 as a predifined session?
By the way I use the rpm files from the kde-ftp-server.
The readme file located on this server which describes how to installed did not
work on my system.

I would be happy if you can help me.

Reards

Michael