List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: kde 2 final & kde 1.x apps
From:       dfox () belvdere ! vip ! best ! com
Date:       2000-10-03 2:06:45

> my initial errors were staking that libkdecore.so.2 is needed by
> kdebase1.1.2......how can this be as I was  indeed tryhing to UPgrade from

Depending on the order you upgrade the packages, you might get dependency
errors - for instance, if you upgrade a package that depends on an older
library, and the package that contains that particular library hasn't been
upgraded first. Of course, any RPMs that depend on the libraries from the
older version will complain about the possibility of their libraries being
taken away out from under them.

Usually, what works is to include all the relevant packages after each other
on one command line -- especially if you run into 'catch22' situations where
one package contains a dependency on the other package, which depends on the
first.

> lee
David E. Fox                                    Thanks for letting me
dfox@belvdere.vip.best.com                      change magnetic patterns
David.Fox@icp.siemens.com                       on your hard disk.