List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KPPP
From:       Gerald Williams <gwilli () samart ! co ! th>
Date:       2000-09-06 9:40:31

On Wed, 06 Sep 2000, francis ha wrote:
> i have rh6.2 also
> how do you connect to the internet?
> i have the 1800 no i can call my ISP
> I have my username and pwd
> but i just dont' know where to put my
> dialup connection in redhat ? please help
>
> also
> i believe i don't need to go to linuxconf to configure my hostname and
> domain name .. do i ?
> thanks

Take the time to setup kppp, It's a great program. You need to know your
ISP's Domain name(something like--myisp.com), and the DNS(dynamic  name
server) this is a number like 203.149.0.3, and your ISP should furnish this
info to you. If they say you don't need them, tell them you are running
Linux.

The hostname is your machine name and you don't need to change that to
connect to the internet. You do need to set your serial/com port to use in
linuxconf. that is ttyS0, ttyS1 etc.

KPPP works fine and the one for KDE2 is even better.

--
Gerald Williams -- Words Matter!
Bangkok, Thailand