List:       kde-user
Subject:    Fwd: Re: kde2beta on redhat6.1
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2000-08-14 5:42:46

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Joss, Werner 3936 TMP-2 wrote:
> Hello,
> I tried to install kde2beta2 (full package) on redhat 6.1 with rpm
> using options --force --nodeps.
> I also adjusted PATH to /opt/kde2/bin - now there are errors like
> 'libqt.so.2 not found' - is there a way to solve this ?
> (the qt-copy rpm is part of the package - do I need something more ?)
>
> Werner Joss

Hello Joss,

Don't know about RedHat - but I can recommend you to download OpenSSL and
ALSA library.
They are NOT part of KDE installation (according to info I received from KDE
developers), but without OpenSSL KDE2 was not starting on my machine.
ALSA is needed for SOUND !!

I am using Mandrake, which is very similar to Red Hat. You can take a look at
Mandrake ftp.
also you can check:
 www.openssl.org
 www.alsa-project.org
Assuming that you have redHat 6.1, which is rather old, you will aslo need
Modutils - module for dynamic library loading.

MPORTANT NOTE:
I do not recommend somebody to install KDE2 without dependency checks. It
will not work.

--
Best Regards,

Vadim Plessky

P.S. despite progress in KDE installation, I still have not installed KDE2
Admin. It also needs two files: libbz2.so.1 and libpopt.so.0, which not
presented in my Mandrake 7.0 CD.

-