List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Logout using Kdm
From:       Klaus Wachtler <kde () wachtler ! de>
Date:       2000-05-31 22:14:19

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 07:12:17PM +0100, Paul Metcalfe wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> When using kdm the .bash_profile is run when logging into an account.
> What file is used when the users logs out?
> I'm using .bash_logout but this isn't run.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul Metcalfe

According to "info bash" the file ~/.bash_logout is executed if a
instance of bash executed as login shell stops. I tried it and it
really works if you have a ~/.bash_logout like:
  echo und tschuess!
  sleep 3
(the sleep is necessary to see the output) AND if you login at the
console and then finish the session.

It is indeed not executed if you run bash in a console window,
obviously because bash is not a login shell in this case. Perhaps you
should try to call the shell with the "--login" argument (in the
appropriate .kdelnk file).

Klaus