List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: KDE and Enlightenment
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       2000-03-01 5:42:08

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Michael Gallagher wrote:

> yeah you can run esd without E, but sound will not work under KDE.  Someone
> told me that it had something to do with KDE's own sound manager running
> when you start KDE.  That's why I questioned running KDE under E figuring
> that was the only way to get esd to overide it.  Unless disabling the sound
> manager in KDE is possible.  And if so would that allow esd to run under
> with KDE?

Well, you can simply comment out the lines containing 'kaudioserver' and
'kwmsound' in the $KDEDIR/bin/startkde script.

This of course means that KDE apps that use native KDE sound (like kwm)
won't be able to do it anymore. But more apps (like korn or licq) are
using configurable commands to play sound.

So, that's it.

Cristian