List:       kde-user
Subject:    Resetting Default UI -- kpanel
From:       Ryan McDougall <ryan.mcdougall () home ! com>
Date:       2000-02-29 21:05:36

Hello,
	I was playing around ( great way to break stuff ) and I accidentally
deleted some default icons from kpanel, now I want them back. Ive looked at the
basic documentation that comes with KDE and I cant seem to find a reference to
resetting the default icon/file structure. Is this possible? As far as I can
tell, there is a "global" structure in /usr/share, but I dont know enough about
how to fix this.
	Also, somehow Ive managed to screw up my Templates such that when
you right-click on the desktop, and go the the "new" subfolder my only option
is for a new folder ( no new executable for instance ). Once again, as far as I
can tell my ~/.kde/Templates directory is fine.

Thx in advance!

ps. One of the stupid things i did to get me in this mess was to type
"rm -Rv ./* /home/dir" instead of "mv -Rv ./* /home/dir" !! Luckily I hit ^C in
time not to lose EVERYTHING!  ;)

Ryan McDougall
DigitalLynx Communications
IT Consultant