List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: xfstt trouble
From:       Terry <lawnman59 () netzero ! net>
Date:       2000-02-29 17:57:32

With regard to your xserver............from a cli type "xf86config" to
regenerate the XF86Config file. After you have X back up and working agai=
n,
REREAD the docs on xfstt.  You should find a section about first syncing =
and
then setting the correct font paths <ie> xfstt --sync and then xset fp+
unix/:7100. It also explains how to start the TTserver and set the font p=
ath
automatically rather then doing it manually before starting X. Good Luck

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Kevin Paul wrote:
> Somewhat off topic, but it all started here.  I installed  xfstt and it
> hosed my XF86Config file.  After logging out, startx died with an error
> message about font paths and XF86Config.  I reran Xconfigurator and it
> started okay but with the wrong screen mode.  Reran Xconfigurator again=
,
> same thing.  Ran it a third time and startx died with "fatal server err=
or--
> no valid modes found"   That's all I get now.  I tried editing it by ha=
nd
> but it looks okay and am not sure what to tweak.  Any help is appreciat=
ed.