List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Ksamba/Sendmail
From:       R Talbot <rjtalbo () ibm ! net>
Date:       1999-07-31 4:49:36

Martin Taylor wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> This might be a bit silly but can anyone help me wit he setup of ksamba and
> sendmail. I have just spent the last 4 weeks pulling my hair out regarding
> sendmail. IM trying to setup a mail server for our office.
>
> All the help would be greatly appreciated
>
> regards
>
> Martin
> Radio Holland B.V.
> Durban
> South Africa
>
> --
>
> --
> Send posts to:  kde-user@lists.netcentral.net
>  Send all commands to:  kde-user-request@lists.netcentral.net

  Martin
Read your sendmail & samba man pages..
You can also get help at www.sendmail.org
and www.samba.org  ......
But.... : )   if you have done this and can find no
obvious problems,  I will share with you a problem
resolved on my mail server using  samba and
sendmail....   I had been using  Caldera 1.2
kernel 2.0.35    I found out after much
pulling out of  hair that  procmail was being
enlisted to resolve user names.....
Some of my user names had CAPITAL
letters and procmail was choking on the
caps ,,, therefore mail was not making it to
the target host..
I changed my users to all lower case and
all is well...
By the way you might also want to include
reverse lookups..

BobT
Tech Knowledgy
....................Do you have Problems?
............We have Solutions!!