List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KTHEMEMGR
From:       "Steve Rapisarda" <srapisa () downcity ! net>
Date:       1999-06-15 16:47:36

Hello!

    I am running KDE v1.1 and am interested in a theme manager as I cannot
find a "Themes" option in KDE anywhere. I am successfully using the
"ktinstall" program and it works but with two big drawbacks:

1. It does not "add" a "Themes" option to KDE so I cannot switch between
themes on the fly and
2. In order to get a new theme installed, ktinstall removes the current
theme and replaces it with the one you told it to install so I have to
execute "ktinstall" from a shell everytime I want a new theme.

I have downloaded the following file: Kthememanager-1_0_0-src-tar.tar.

Is that the correct file for the kdetheme manager? I cannot "untar" it. I
tried: # tar -x -f to no avail. tar says it is not a valid tar format. Tried
gunzip and same thing. Why is it a  "tar.tar" anyway?

Does this theme manager "add" a "Themes" option to KDE? or does it function
like "Ktinstall"? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance..

                                                      Steve Rapisarda