List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: kwvdial
From:       John Eighmy <jeight () wcu ! campuscwix ! net>
Date:       1999-05-31 20:18:14

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Anders Dahlqvist wrote:
> I'm running KDE 1.1.1 under SuSe and most of the basic stuff works well, though
> I've given up on Kppp (or has something happened with pppd?). It should be noted
> that the Kppp that came with KDE 1.1 worked well, albeit slow. I have downloaded
> and compiled Kwvdial as an alternative and it works beautifully, but I can only
> run it as root. How do I get to use Kwvdial as an ordinary user?
>
> "3 months with Linux and still a newbie"
Anders:
here is what  someone on the kde-general group suggested and after trying it
for kppp, it worked.
First under setup, go to the Modem tab, and click on Modem Commands.
At the bottom, change at the volume off/low/high area, the first set of
characters from M0L0 to Q0L0. and try it then try the kppp again.

I was doing the same...using wvdial, until someone suggested this fix.
HTH,
John