List:       kde-user
Subject:    kdelibs problem seems to be fixed
From:       "David E. Fox" <dfox () belvdere ! vip ! best ! com>
Date:       1999-05-30 1:03:56

Regarding my previous messages concerning configure spewing
stuff about not being able to compile a small kde
application: this seems to have gotten fixed. I did a further
cvsup, and then on a whim upgraded 'make' to a newer version
(I had 3.76, I got 3.79). Configuring with --enable-final also
may help, but I don't know what it is for (just saw it mentioned
on the kde-devel mailing list archives).

But it seems a newer make is the issue here. The configure did
mention to upgrade binutils if you're using egcs on a linux
system. Strictly speaking though, 'make' is not part of binutils, but
it's a separate packages. Perhaps that's part of the confusion, since
rpmfind told me I already had the latest&greatest binutils.

David E. Fox                 Tax              Thanks for letting me
dfox@belvdere.vip.best.com   the              change magnetic patterns
root@belvedere.sbay.org      churches         on your hard disk.