List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: missing libraries
From:       Lim Jin Siew <jinsiew () singnet ! com ! sg>
Date:       1999-04-30 10:56:38

Jim Curtis wrote:

> I am trying kde 1.1 with qt 1.42 on slackware's "zipslack" disturbution.  I
> downloaded kde and qt from the slackware installed and set-up everything.  X
> starts but then dumps out conplaining about missing libs.  Below is a
> shortened listing of X's boot.
>
>     kcontrol: can't load library 'libstdc++.so.2.9'
>     kaudioserver: can't load library 'libstdc++.so.2.9'
>     kwmsound: can't load library 'libstdc++.so.2.9'
>     kpanel: can't load library 'libstdc++.so.2.9'
>     kfm: can't load library 'libtiff.so.3'
>     krootwm: can't load library 'libstdc++.so.2.9'
>     kwm: can't load library 'libstdc++.so.2.9'
>
> Does anyone know where I can find these libs?  Are they kde, qt, or
> something else's libs?  I also tried qt 1.44 but got simiular results.
>
> jim

Hello...

    I once had the same problem too. So I went to the ftp site at KDE and
looked at the directory containing the Slackware binary distribution. And yes,
there is a tgz called "libstdc++.so.2.9.0.tgz". I exoanded it and placed the
content into /usr/lib. I just did some minor links and adjustments and I
believe things should be okay by then. One thing for sure, please remember to
place the entry of your library path (for example)

/opt/kde/lib
/usr/local/qt/lib

in /etc/ld.so.conf and run "ldconfig" after that. Else you will find another
problem coming up. Hope things will work out..

Cheers
Jin Siew