List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: K-newsreader is crashing!! Help!!
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-02-28 21:22:05

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Steve Winston wrote:

> Hy, whenever I try to read newsgroup messages, the Kde newsreader loads
> up a bunch of messages and then the entire program crashes. For example,
> I click on comp.os.linux.networking. The newsreader shows a bunch of
> messages being loaded, then some odd symbols appear at the bottom of the
> message reader, then the reader crashes and vanishes. I have to start
> all over again. What could be the porblem?
> adios, STeve W.

Probably a message has a header strane enough that krn can't handle it.
If you could run a version with debugging support under gdb and send me
the output of "bt" I could see what's the problem.

The big problem to debug this is that it may even be caused by a header
that's peculiar to your newsserver :-P

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Life isn't short. It's just that death is longer.