List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: A Problem
From:       "Andrew Butterworth" <Andrew.Butterworth () cognitionsolutions ! plc ! uk>
Date:       1998-06-30 8:03:25

    >When i try to run a app in KDE i get the message "can4t handle reloc
type <NULL> `XMapWindov....

    >Johan Kjellman

    I got that problem on my Redhat 5 box when I tried to use the (beta 4)
gcc 2.8.1 binary rpm, but as soon as I switched to using the lib6 rpm (Beta
4) everything worked ok. You have to get the qt libs from troll tech as
well. Before you install the lin6 rpms be sure to rpm -e --nodeps kdebase,
lib support and all other pakages you may have.

    Once the packages were installed I put the env declarations into my
.bashrc and edited the .xintrc in my home directory to and changed exec
fvwn2 to exec startkde and it all worked.

    I hope thats relevant to your problem.

    Andrew Butterworth
    Cognition Solutions Plc