List:       kde-user
Subject:    problems continue with KDE toolbar in non-root
From:       "Bruce E. Harris" <beharri () mindspring ! com>
Date:       1998-06-28 14:58:10

Hi,

I have been trying to fix this on going problem for quite awhile now. I have
changed the permission of the qt libs, /tmp and /var/tmp with chmod 777 and
still no luck. This error msg I am seeing is:

Error: Could not open "/var/tmp/xfree86.xkm" to write keyboard discription

exiting

Couldn't load XKB keymap

QSocketNotifier: invalid socket specified
QSocketNotifier: internal error

I even tried to reinstall QT 1.33 with rpm -i -force. The errors continue.

Pse help.

Bruce