List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: A question about xearth.
From:       ronolsen () lucent ! com (Ron Olsen)
Date:       1998-06-01 15:37:05

    Steven> I want to run xearth as my background under kde.
    Steven> 1. How do i make xearth the background for all screens. i.e.,
    Steven>    how do I make it sticky?

    Steven> 2. When I move from screen 2 to screen 1 where xearth is
    Steven>    running, I get a blank colored background that does not have
    Steven>    the xearth display until the time that xearth is ready to
    Steven>    update its display. Is there a way to tell kde that I have a
    Steven>    process incharge of my background instead of just a color or
    Steven>    a gif?

1. Create an entry for xearth in the KDE autostart folder:

   Left mouse click on Autostart Folder.
   File->New->Program
   Make New Program kdelnk: xearth.kdelnk
   Right mouse click on new icon->Properties
   Execute: /usr/X11R6/bin/xearth
   Select appropriate icon, binary pattern, comment

2. Edit $HOME/.kde/share/config/kdisplayrc to eliminate
   [Desktop] entries that specify Wallpaper settings.

3. Restart KDE.

--
	Ron Olsen
	ronolsen@lucent.com