List:       kde-user
Subject:    kdvi generates errors
From:       Chris Menzel <cmenzel () philebus ! tamu ! edu>
Date:       1998-03-31 6:15:17

I have two machines running RedHat Linux 4.2.  I installed kde Beta 3-1
on both via rpm's and it appears to work fine on both machines.  I then
installed klyx (which is very nice indeed) on both machines.  However,
on one machine kdvi works perfectly.  On the other, if I crank it up I
am assaulted with a flurry of errors of the following sort:

  actualist-17 [~/Research/papers/aocpws] kdvi aocpws
  warning: $SELFAUTODIR: Unrecognized variable construct `$S'.
  warning: $SELFAUTOPARENT: Unrecognized variable construct `$S'.
  warning: /.$TETEXDIR: Unrecognized variable construct `$T'.
  warning: $TEXMFLOG: Unrecognized variable construct `$T'.
  warning: $TEXMF: Unrecognized variable construct `$T'.
  warning: $TEXMFS/fonts/vf//: Unrecognized variable construct `$T'.
  warning: $KPSE_DOT: Unrecognized variable construct `$K'.
  warning: {$TEXMFS/fonts,$VARFONTS}/pk/{$MAKETEX_MODE,gsftopk,ps2pk}//: \
  Unrecognized variable construct `$T'.
  warning: {$TEXMFS/fonts,$VARFONTS}/pk/{$MAKETEX_MODE,gsftopk,ps2pk}//: \
  Unrecognized variable construct `$V'.
  warning: {$TEXMFS/fonts,$VARFONTS}/pk/{$MAKETEX_MODE,gsftopk,ps2pk}//: \
  Unrecognized variable construct `$M'.
  warning: $KPSE_DOT: Unrecognized variable construct `$K'.
  warning: $KPATHSEA_NAME.$KPATHSEA_DPI$KPATHSEA_FORMAT: Unrecognized \
  variable construct `$K'.
  warning: $KPSE_DOT: Unrecognized variable construct `$K'.

The DVIFONTS environment variable is set (identically) on both machines.
I am nonplussed.  Any help would be appreciated.

-chris
cmenzel@tamu.edu