List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: troubles starting KDE
From:       "Joseph" <khless () ix ! netcom ! com>
Date:       1996-11-29 14:21:53

-----Original Message-----
From: Pohorecki Wladyslaw <Pohorecki@novell.ftj.agh.edu.pl>
To: kde-user@fiwi02.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de
<kde-user@fiwi02.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de>
Date: Friday, November 28, 1997 2:48 AM
Subject: troubles starting KDE

Hello everybody,
I try to use KDE but I have some strange for me troubles.
I have RH 4.2 with 2.0.32 kernel on PC .
I have installed Qt-1.31, I can compile and install KDE from source
files but when I try to start "startkde" I see nothing(in
/HOME/.xinitrc)- only the X-root window. With another window manager
I can start kfm, kcalc and other applications.
I tried also to install KDE from rpm bnaries but I have always
message about faile dependencies - qt-1.31 is needed!!!
Tkank you in advance for any help

Wladyslaw Pohorecki
University of Mining and Metallurgy
Faculty of Nuclear Physics and Techniques
poho@uci.agh.edu.pl, pohorecki@novell.ftj.agh.edu.pl
Wladyslaw Pohorecki
Faculty of Nuclear Physics and Techniques
University of Mining and Metallurgy
al. Mickiewicza 30
30-059 Krakow
Poland

Sounds like you need the tq libs there on the net.  You can find a link to
them at the kde hope page.