List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDE installing-problems
From:       Manfred Berry <mberny () spin ! ch>
Date:       1997-08-01 3:06:46

HR wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to install the QT and the KDE-package on
> my Computer but there was always an error-message :
>
> These are the error-messages I had,when I Tried to
> compile the QT-package :
>
> qapp_x11.cpp:43: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
> qapp_x11.cpp:44: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
> qapp_x11.cpp:45: X11/Xos.h: No such file or directory
> qapp_x11.cpp:46: X11/Xatom.h: No such file or directory
> qapp_x11.cpp:2206: X11/keysymdef.h: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [qapp_x11.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [kernel] Error 2
> make: *** [src] Error 2
>
> These are the error-messages I had when I used "configure" for
> kdesupport :
>
> (I put an echo into the script so I could see what was wrong,
>  I don`t have the file Intrinsic.h)
>
> /usr/lpp/Xamples/include/X11/Intrinsic.h
> /usr/openwin/include/X11/Intrinsic.h
> /usr/openwin/share/include/X11/Intrinsic.h
> configure: error: Can't find X. Please add the correct paths. View
> configure --help for usage!
>
> I´m using S.u.s.e-Linux 4.4.1 , is this the reason
> that the files and libraries are missing ?
>
> The libs the configure-script is looking for are (I think)
> not on my system but I have some called  xxx.so.6  etc.
>
> I hope you can help me
>
> thanks Harry

   Hy Harry

I had about the same problem when i was installing KDE for the first
time.
The problem doesn't belonge to S.u.S.E 4.4.1.

You probably didn't install the developement package for X.

You can easely do this using 'yast'. Just install the the developement
package for X
and the configuration script will find your X-System and the files it is
looking for.

Sorry, but I can't tell you the correct name of the package right now,
because I'm using
NT at the moment. But if you won't find it, write me back and I will
find it for you.

I hope it will work like this.

Greatings Manfred.