List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Uasability reports for Korganizer and Konsole
From:       Emerald Arcana <emerald-arcana () home ! com>
Date:       2001-08-22 19:57:05

On August 20, 2001 09:00 am, Christian Schrader wrote:

> Some functions I'd appreciate:
> - It should be possible to release a terminal window and relink ist
>   later like it is possible in XChat.
> - It would be nice to have something like gnu-client for konsole,
>   so that you can open new terminals inside a konsole from outside.

I would like to be able to configure Konsole to "beep" at you and "pop on
top" unintrusively (it will go to the top, but will not receive focus) when
the terminal emulator receives data.  I am thinking of this from the
perspective that if you run a monitoring software or a long batch job,
Konsole will inform you when it's done, or when new "messages" arrive.

It would be similar to how AIM works, let's say.  AIM beeps at you and the
Linux version pops on top but doesn't take away the focus.  Obviously, it
would be nice to have Konsole customizable enough to allow users to add or
remove these features.

This is more of a Wishlist item and perhaps I will send it over to the
Wishlist reports.

--
-- Arcana