List:       kde-usability
Subject:    RE: Redhat 7.1 and KDE2.2 are go! - But not for everyone
From:       "Hoppin.Bob" <hoppin () niehs ! nih ! gov>
Date:       2001-08-20 19:15:40

Having just repsonded to this, I think you said it better and more
concisely than I did.

Why leave KDE at the mercy of the distros?  The only thing I added
was the problem of being an advocate for KDE when the project
doesn't do easy-to-install KDE distros.  I'd like to see distros
for RH, Mandrake and the most used Unix and non-KDE distro.  Ie.,
Four targeted KDE distros.  But then, I'm going to try to
contribute to the Kpackage effort and figure out why the distros
make this such an ugly exercise.