List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: user study
From:       Marcus Oliver Notz <linux () whohoo-designworx ! com>
Date:       2001-08-20 1:35:54

Hi All!

Hope you all had a good and relaxing weekend!

On Sunday 19 August 2001 01:17 pm, mattc wrote:

> Yes and no.  If this was just going to be a general study of new users
> impressions of KDE, then this would be true.  But, a general test like this
> wouldn't be very usefull to the programmers, and would exclude a large pool
> of potential test givers who do not run KDE2.2.

I agree with that it would exclude a lot of people, but one problem I really
see with that is that of the 'basic' tasks, like finding a certain
application to start it (different nomenclature and/or icons) and different
basic KDE Apps like konquerer, which just have improved immensely. But
outside of that, I fully agree with what you wrote in your mail, and it
really sounds like a plan to get working on!

> If the programmers come at us and say, they really need feedback on KPanel,
> we can drop that module in, and quickly get some test results.
One question to that...do the programmer KNOW that we are out there? I am
sorry if I ask about some old stuff which was already chewed 5 times, but are
there already actions being taken or planned to 'market' (sorry, could not
find any better word) to the programmers...just to tell them on what we are
working, what we are planning and to actively give us input and 'use' us?

> The study will have a hierarchy structure much like KPanel.
>
> It will have different sections: KOffice, KOrganizer, Konquer, KPanel,
> etc...
That would make it easy to even put it in a web-interface or db for the
distribution of the study.

> Hope it's sunny where you are,
> Matt
It sure was...and hot too :)

You have a good start into the week and take care all,

--
Marcus...;-)