List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: ToDo List
From:       Jim Conner <jconner83 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-08-14 20:55:22

I'm waiting for KDE2.2 before I do too much with Kicker as well.  I would
just like to get some volunteers for those apps lined up to work on the 2.2
versions when it get's released.  Well, if you want KHelpcenter as well as
the others, I'm not going to stop you.  If it gets to be too much, please ask
for help.
As for how a new maintainer gets the archived info, I think searching through
the archives at first would be a good thing.  After everyone reads the first
report, they need to see if their comments were put in there.  If not, they
can send an e-mail to the new maintainer about missed comments.  The new
maintainer can then submit them in Issue 2 of the report.

Jim

On Tuesday August 14, 2001  3:35 pm, H.McM wrote:
> Jim,
>
> I hope you arent worrying about the current dearth of reports. I know I for
> one am waiting to get my hands on the final of KDE22, because it seems a
> bit redundant to write reports on 21 stuff that has been fixed in the
> upgrade.
>
> I do have one concern at the moment, that I can best illustrate by example.
> Recently I have been reading all the supplied "help" docs, and have made a
> list of suggested improvments/alterations etc. Now obviously I can post
> these to the list, and have already done so one one occasion. But for the
> moment, there is no maintainer for the HelpCentre. Lets say next week
> someone volunteers.
> Is it the volunteers job to go through the mailing list archives to search
> out prior mentions of the helpcentre, should it be my responsibility to
> keep an eye on the maintainer list and forward my emails to the maintainer
> when they appear?
>
> Or is there some better way of getting the info to the new maintainer??
>
> Now on a slight aside, I would be more than happy to volunteer to do the
> helpcentre, but I am worried a little that others might think I am taking
> too much onto my plate, already doing the KPackage and ControlCentre.
>
> If noone has a problem with me doing three, then I am happy to 'officially'
> take on the HelpCentre too. My other two apps have had next to no traffic
> at all on the list in the last few weeks, whereas the HelpCentre has.
>
> Helen

  3:42pm  up 21 days, 16:14,  3 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.05, 0.01