List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Web Browser Task Analysis?
From:       Emerald Arcana <emerald-arcana () home ! com>
Date:       2001-08-11 6:26:56

Has anyone here categorized and decided what the tasks for a Web Browser
would be?

The reason I suddenly thought about this is because if we try to tackle every
single UI issue on a case-by-case basis, we'll never be able to get through
all of the KDE apps and the comments behind them.

Seeing that we're on the verge of a new binary KDE, we can start proposing
the most radical changes once we figure out what they are.

It doesn't have to be a Web Browser Task Analysis... just any old app would
do. :)  Of course, seeing that Konqueror is one of the most popular apps, it
wouldn't be a bad idea to analyze it and see where we can improve.

The REAL reason  I thought of this is because someone on Kde-develop said, "I
think the RMB menu for Konqueror should include "BACK" as an item."  And then
I looked at this and thought, "Well, duh, the guy's right.  Of course it
should be.  Why?  Because going "back" is one of the most common tasks you'll
ever do on a web browser, and the Context Menu is one of the quickest ways to
summon functionality."

I'm going to start thinking about this... I'm in a brainstorming state right
now. :)
--
-- Arcana