List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Templates and Support
From:       "Claes Andersson" <claes2001 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-08-07 18:54:32

>Thoughts?

When something breaks completely, it is good to have a "fallback safe mode",
that always stays the same. No matter how much a user has screwed up his
desktop, changed menu items, changed to a bad resolution etc, there should
be a foolproof way to display a default menu/desktop. The support guy can
tell him to do switch to this, then tell him to open the control-panel or
whatever and help him out.

If a user has experienced this once and is not very stupid, he will remember
this so that he can do this on his own later on. It helps if this switch is
very intuitive, so that everyone after a while "knows it", like everyone
knows that Ctrl-Alt-Del is special.

It is probably not even difficult to do this, just to disregard from the
~/.kde directory.

Claes