List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: My opinions about KDE-menu usability
From:       Jim Conner <jconner83 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-08-05 7:17:12

Very good points.  I put out my opinions and observations for others to
comment on here.  If there is a flaw in my logic, I hope someone points it
out.  This is the only way usability of kde is going to get better.  There
are people that would find Redmond Linux's way of doing things very easy to
understand, but as they learned more, very hard to modify/change.  There are
those that wouldn't want to have to use their way of doing things if you put
a gun to their head.  Looking at the way different menuing developers do
things such as Redmond Linux, Gnome, MS, Mac, and others, is a good way to
discuss what works and what doesn't.  Most of these have their good and bad
points and that all depends on who you're target audience is.  I have asked
the maintainer if he will be offering the 'standard' kde menu with his distro
at some future time.  He replied that it was on the todo list for a future
build.
I think the KDE Menu needs quite a bit of work as pointed out in a different
thread.  If we look at what is out there and what works and what doesn't and
how, we can develop a better KMenu by pulling in all the good points from
each.

Jim

<snip>

--

  1:42am  up 12 days,  2:16,  4 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.08, 0.02