List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: A collaborative UI testing process?
From:       Netalix <netalix () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-07-31 13:34:21

I sugest the following.

Take the config information from a *default* install of kde, and then
tgz up all the config docs. The tester, can then tar -zxf the config's
back into a test-users directory, probably within a  statement that
greps 'id' for the username to run a nice chown id.id *

that way after each test it's simple enough to reset everything, not to
mention that all of the testers are assured identical configurations.

-K

--- Jim Conner <jconner83@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Then there should be a snapshot of an acceptable configuration on the
>
> usability site.  This should show what's acceptable on the Kicker,
> desktop,
> widget style and decoration.
>
> Jim
>
> On Tuesday July 31, 2001  3:18 am, Jonathan Bacon wrote:
> > I think we need to standardise on the following:
> >
> >  - The version tested is a stable binary version
> >  - The version tested does not include "distro extras" such as
> icons.
> > Debian
> >    is perfect for this as it does not add anything else.
> >
> > 	Jono
> >

> --
>
>   5:42am  up 7 days,  6:16,  2 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.04, 0.06

=====
May the Penguin be with you!
    (o_      Kevin Poorman
    //\      Netalix@Yahoo.com
    V_/_     AOLIM: Netalix, Shyslpwlkr or TheUnchosen1