List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: PIC of Kstart instead , was Re: Usability tests should not focus on icons
From:       Bart Szyszka <bart () gigabee ! com>
Date:       2001-07-26 16:55:10

>In that vein, I have done the unthinkable and put the work start next to
>the K, I have a picture I'm attaching. It was done in gimp and is just some
>pixel editing of a snapshot of my kicker.
>Any ideas? I know this is going to absolutly horrify some people but it's
>just an idea ;) and usability isn't a respecter of bigotry in my books.

I think calling it Start would automatically make people think you guys are
ripping off Windows, especially since a lot of people don't think Start is
such a good idea in Windows alone. Is there really anything all that wrong
with keeping the gear? There are some things where a new computer
user will just have to learn how to use the system. Macs have the Apple
and that's not that obvious, but people learn to use it. The positioning of
the K menu and the arrow next to it are good. Maybe the problem is
that the K menu blends in with the other icons? Maybe it should be on
a different applet or have some sort of seperator?

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
GigaBee  ...is here to save the Web!