List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Usability tests should not focus on icons
From:       Sheldon Lee Wen <tormak () home ! com>
Date:       2001-07-26 14:29:21

> However, I completely agree that the K button needs a facelift.  It
> looks good (better than a foot ;-)) but it isn't very intuitive for
> anybody who hasn't used KDE or GNOME.  I would recommend making it
> wider, if that is possible. This would show the user that it isn't just
> any other button on the panel.  Also, as somebody else pointed out, I
> like the idea of the Rocketship icon.  This might hint that it is the
> Application Launcher button.

Hmm, I don't really like the rocketship idea. However, I do think that the
idea of making the K button wider, and perhaps adding something in that new
space would be a great idea.

Sheldon.
"... all thoughts of selfish desire, ill-will, hatred and
 violence are the result of a lack of wisdom ... "
 - Buddha

For an awsome fantasy role playing game checkout:
http://lycadican.sourceforge.net