List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] Users cannot find where to "safely remove" USB
From:       Dotan Cohen <dotancohen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-06 17:33:53

On 6 April 2010 19:57, Markus <kamikazow@web.de> wrote:
>> Looking at the three images, I agree that the left-most image is in
>> fact the easiest to scan when there are many media. I updated your
>> idea with the correct non-hover state, image attached. I will ask some
>> users what they think of that, give me a few days to get back on this.
>
> Looks OK, but I still have doubts about the "Eject" label for languages in
> which the translation is much longer.

The nine-letter German fits in there just fine. If you have an example
that you'd like me to mock up in there, just post the text and I'll do
the gimp.

> And:
> Will it say "Eject" on all kinds of media? Even USB flash drives that
> technically aren't ejected but "Safely removed"?

That is a good question and one that I was wondering myself. I would
have no objections to the text saying "Eject", although I agree that
"Safely Remove" would be preferable. There seems to be more than
enough room for either.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com