List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] Users cannot find where to "safely remove" USB
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2010-04-04 22:32:47

On 2010/04/05 00:10 (GMT+0200) Markus composed:

> Only Dolphin doesn't have it. So the solution is simple: The Eject icon should
> be added to Dolphin and Device Notifier's Eject icon should be always visible
> instead only when the mouse hovered. Then Dolphin and Device Notifier will be
> consistent between each other and the rest of the world.
> Adding stupid context menus is neither approachable nor intuitive.

This thread, and the response above in particular, have me baffled, maybe
because its massive shifts from KDE3 paradigms have caused me to use KDE4 so
rarely, and Dolphin never. Windows Explorer has context menu items for safe
removal of removable media, similar to Konq 3 in local files mode. What is
this stiff dev objection to having similar in Dolphin?
--
"Suppos [sic] a nation in some distant region, should
take the Bible for their only law book, and every member

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/