List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] Users cannot find where to "safely remove" USB
From:       Markus <kamikazow () web ! de>
Date:       2010-04-04 20:29:01

Am Sonntag 04 April 2010 21:50:22 schrieb Dotan Cohen:
> > I think that if Dolphin also had that Eject icon next to the device entry
> > in the Places panel, people would have an easier time recognizing the
> > same icon in the Device Notifier.
>
> I just asked my wife what _she_ thought of that.
>
> In a word, no! Don't force users to learn this new (in her words
> annoying) paradigm. The context menu is familiar to users and works
> well. It is intuitive and easy to find and understand.

Typical nonsical answer from you.
Who in the world is talking about taking the context menu away?
No one.

And what dou you even mean by "New paradigm"? The Eject icon is not new.
It's been in use in consumer electronic devices since decades.
Many millions of Mac OS X and iTunes users are already accustomed to it as
well.

> If you want I
> can make a round tomorrow and query a few other users what they think
> about adding the ▲ icon to Dolphin, however, I can already tell you
> that they are screaming for change to the Device Manager, not to
> Dolphin.

Yeah, right...