List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] tab handling inconsistency
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-22 10:55:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 21 December 2009 21:21:26 Shaun Reich wrote:
> > Is there any reason preventing choosing one way to do it and
> > implementing it across all three apps?
>
> Not that I can see...
>
> If anything, the Konqueror case would probably be the greatest reason
> to not change, as I suppose there are some people that like the tab
> copying(?). In which case, I don't see a reason why KTabBar could not
> be modified so that the user could e.g. hold Ctrl while dragging the
> tab to duplicate it.
>
> >The Konqueror method seems to
> > be the most recent; besides being a kdelibs class does anyone remember
> > why it was used?
>
> I think that the Konqueror method was based off the already-introduced
> middle mouse button tab dragging, so then they probably thought: with
> that introduced, we could make it copy tabs on left button dragging -
> why not, the button isn't used anyways...and it wasn't..iirc,
> applications *only* used middle mouse tab dragging, left would not do
> anything in regular scenarios.
>
> Correct me if I am wrong, of course.

Interesting.  Middle-button dragging in konqueror does not work here, and
copying tabs, when I already have 15+ open, is, frankly, a pain, but seems to
be the only way I can get two tabs to be adjacent.  If there really *is* a
move option, it's certainly well-hidden.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group
New to KDE SC4? - get help from http://userbase.kde.org