List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] Oxygen animations configuration
From:       Hugo Pereira Da Costa <hugo () oxygen-icons ! org>
Date:       2009-12-01 1:56:15

On 30/11/2009 18:49, Markus wrote:
> Am Dienstag 01 Dezember 2009 02:19:19 schrieb Hugo Pereira Da Costa:
>

>> I guess I could, in the first screenshot, group the three options into
>> one "enable animations"
>> but then it would be strange to have the tab animations in a separate
>> tab, and on top of that it is unclear if unchecking "enable animations"
>> in the general tab should or should not also disable the "animate tab
>> transitions" checkbox.
>>
> Yeah, it's far from perfect, but OTOH the string freeze makes it impossible to
> draft the perfect solution for 4.4.
> Maybe enabling hover effects by default and remove the checkbox is a better
> tentative solution for 4.4.
mmm. Ok.
Then I think the "progressbar" should also go, which would leave the
labels only.
In fact labels could also go too. As you pointed out: label animations
not working is more a matter of bug fixing than user taste, I think,
which we should achieve during the kde4.4 beta cycle(s).
Which would only leave the tab transition, which here, makes sense IMO,
because depending on people mood, and hardware, one might or might not
find it annoying.
This plus the tutorial might do the trick. What do you think ?

> Additionally write a short Tutorial how to change
> the details via rc file editing in UserBase:
> http://userbase.kde.org/Tutorials#Workspace

I can do that.
> I'd be willing to translate the tutorial to German.

Good. Cause this I can't :-)