List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Can we* prettyplease do something about the KUrlNavigator?
From:       Maciej Pilichowski <bluedzins () wp ! pl>
Date:       2009-06-23 18:54:57

On Tuesday 23 June 2009 18:35:39 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> For me I find the pop-up more convenient. I don't have to jump back
> first, I don't have to wade through icons, I don't have to wait on
> previews to load. Try it in gwenview some time. Especially try it
> somewhere you have to scroll down quite a bit to see all folders
> :-).

Ah, ok, I see. Actually you hit interesting issue for me. Please run
gwenview/KDE3 and try folder/file pane. In one part it shows only
directories, in the other -- only files. It is _very_ productive (so
much that for this feature only I still use KDE3 version instead of
KDE4). I would wish (not reported yet, or publicly discussed) to have
something similar for open/save dialog (as view mode) but I am not
sure about details. And now you said about preview drawbacks, so I am
thinking how those two could be combined to solve this for everybody
(optionally of course).

Cheers,