List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Can we* prettyplease do something about the KUrlNavigator?
From:       James Richard Tyrer <ksu258 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2009-06-22 20:46:27

Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
> On Monday 22 June 2009 19:18:51 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>
>>> GTK is also self-explanatory, when I first saw it I had no
>>> hesitation to use it, no confusion, no questions, etc. I could
>>> use it right away.
>> I don't recall any confusion over KDE's navigator (or misclicks,
>> for that matter), but I've no evidence that I'm "typical".
>
> A little honesty required here :-D -- how did you found out that blank
> space is not static but active element? You couldn't do this by
> looking?
>
> For me, it took me really long time, and before I was playing a
> sharpshooter games -- how to point the cursor between the path blocks
> just to make the switch.

I found where to click to return to the breadcrumb list despite the fact
that it was on the right rather than the left where it would be expected
based on standard the KDE interface..  It was intuitive that clicking
the same place would switch from the breadcrumbs to Location.

I didn't ever figure out that you could click anywhere on the blank area
till I read this thread.  So, I want to return to the setup in 0.8.2.

--
James Tyrer

Kde Sudo User +1