List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Add F11 as full screen shortcut
From:       Maciej Pilichowski <bluedzins () wp ! pl>
Date:       2009-06-02 11:48:32

On Tuesday 02 June 2009 13:34:53 Jos Poortvliet wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 12:50 PM, John Tapsell <johnflux@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> I 110% agree.
> >
> > How will apps hide toolbars etc then when switching to full
> > screen mode?
>
> What do you mean?
> In my experience most apps handle this perfectly well - there is no
> difference between full-screen mode 'forced' by KWin or their
> native full-screen mode. If that was what you were wondering ;-)

Now you puzzled me :-) I think there should be distinction between
fullscreen (just fullscreen) and the presentation mode (what you name
native fullscreen).

Fullscreen should only maximize window (and notify app that its window
is maximized *), remove borders and remove titlebar.

Presentation mode is like fullscreen but with additional extras coming
from specific app -- removing toolbar, panes, and so on.

In this sense every app "has" fullscreen mode, but not every app has
presentation mode. The difference is for that reason that
presentation mode is useful (kpdf for example) but I don't want to
use it every time, sometimes (for me: in all cases) fullscreen is
just right.

(*) this is important to adjust all scrollbars which are placed near
the edge of the window

Cheers,