List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Add F11 as full screen shortcut
From:       Maciej Pilichowski <bluedzins () wp ! pl>
Date:       2009-06-02 5:02:24

On Monday 01 June 2009 23:23:55 Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> Let's see:
>  * You can't toggle the dolphin information window [1]
>  * You can't use the select rotate tool in kalzium [2]
>  * You can't use the show line numbers in kturtle [3] nor in kate
> [5] * You can't toggle the side bar in gwenview [4]
>  * You can't toggle preview in kfilewidget [6]
>
> And some more, if you remove such a simple shortcut like F11 from
> application programmers they won't be happy.

So you common functions like fullscreen should have 3-key shortcuts,
not single-key shortcut, but very specific per-app functions should
have single-key shortcuts per default?

I think it should opposite -- common functions should be easily
accessible, per-app functions can be 2-keys shortcuts (3-keys
shortcuts should be avoided -- try to press such combo with one
hand).

And still -- the number of dolphin+kalzium+... users are much lower
than MSIE users. Sure, painful change for those who are already used
to F11 but I say it is better to make some order now than later when
the problem will get only bigger.

Cheers,