List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Add F11 as full screen shortcut
From:       Maciej Pilichowski <bluedzins () wp ! pl>
Date:       2009-06-01 21:13:29

On Monday 01 June 2009 22:23:22 Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> And as said earlier i don't think it makes sense having 2 default
> shortcuts for all major shorcuts, otherwise, why not 3?

Because as was stated before MSIE uses it and Firefox uses it. It
means there are some users (of MSIE and/or FF and/or Opera) who run
those on Windows and would like to try KDE for a change.

And those users are not interested if it is ctrl+shift+f, alt+f18,
their interest is binary:
* if they can use KDE right away
* or they have to learn

> So at the end you are suggesting to screw up the first 250K to
> favour the other 250K.

In reverse -- you are trying to keep an obstacle for disabled users
and users migrating from Windows. For what purpose? Nobody is
taking "your" ctrl+shift+f. What harm will be done with secondary
default shortcut?

I am not saying F11 it is the best, but KDE is not in position to
dictate defaults. Brian and Jakob arguments are reasonable, so +1
vote for F11 (i.e. following the defaults of dominant software).

Cheers,