List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Add F11 as full screen shortcut
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-06-01 21:23:55

A Dilluns, 1 de juny de 2009, Maciej Pilichowski va escriure:
> On Monday 01 June 2009 22:23:22 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > And as said earlier i don't think it makes sense having 2 default
> > shortcuts for all major shorcuts, otherwise, why not 3?
>
> Because as was stated before MSIE uses it and Firefox uses it. It
> means there are some users (of MSIE and/or FF and/or Opera) who run
> those on Windows and would like to try KDE for a change.
>
> And those users are not interested if it is ctrl+shift+f, alt+f18,
> their interest is binary:
> * if they can use KDE right away
> * or they have to learn
>
> > So at the end you are suggesting to screw up the first 250K to
> > favour the other 250K.
>
> In reverse -- you are trying to keep an obstacle for disabled users
> and users migrating from Windows. For what purpose? Nobody is
> taking "your" ctrl+shift+f. What harm will be done with secondary
> default shortcut?

Let's see:
 * You can't toggle the dolphin information window [1]
 * You can't use the select rotate tool in kalzium [2]
 * You can't use the show line numbers in kturtle [3] nor in kate [5]
 * You can't toggle the side bar in gwenview [4]
 * You can't toggle preview in kfilewidget [6]

And some more, if you remove such a simple shortcut like F11 from application
programmers they won't be happy.

Albert

[1]
http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdebase/apps/dolphin/src/dolphinmainwindow.cpp#1298
[2] http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdeedu/kalzium/libavogadro-
kalzium/src/tools/selectrotatetool.cpp#61
[3] http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdeedu/kturtle/src/mainwindow.cpp#340
[4] http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdegraphics/gwenview/app/mainwindow.cpp#350
[5] http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdelibs/kate/view/kateview.cpp#550
[6] http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdelibs/kfile/kfilewidget.cpp#461