List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Keep the website or move to the wiki?
From:       Aurélien_Gâteau <aurelien.gateau () free ! fr>
Date:       2009-01-16 17:03:54

Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> On Friday 16 January 2009 11:33:38 am Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
>
>> I can commit stuff if you want. I may be able to help you get your svn
>> account to work too :).
>
> toma reset it but for some reason I still can't connect even after we verified
> the password hash.

This is a bit off-topic for this list, we can probably continue this off
list if you want.

> Currently on usability.kde.org we have custom navigation on the left hand
> side.  With techbase, we're stuck with the general techbase navigation on the
> left.  I guess we can create a page template for our own navigation near the
> top of all the Projects/Usability pages, but then you have too many layers
> going on.

Oh I see. Wikipedia has the concept of portal to group pages together:
The portal page list all pages of the portal and all pages of the portal
have a back link to the portal page. We could create a HIG portal.

> I am subscribed to all of the HIG pages and AFAIK you can't commit anonymous
> changes in techbase.

You can: just click the edit tab without being logged. The only
constraint is an addition captcha to prevent bot from posting.

Aurélien