List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: bouncing icon on app start
From:       Stephen Bungay <sbungay () csolve ! net>
Date:       2009-01-10 14:29:46

Nick Shaforostoff wrote:
> I believe bouncing icon on app start annoys people, so I propose to
> change this setting to blinking icon be default, or disable it
> completely.

The problem with the above statement is the "I Believe" portion.
As for myself I can honestly report that I have not had one person tell
me that the bouncing cursor is annoying, in point of fact I have been
told by those I've converted to KUBUNTU from Windows, that the bouncing
cursor is something they really like. The impression I get from their
comments is that it is more informative and eye-catching than the
rotating hourglass they had.

Comments I've received are;

1. "That's SO cute"
2. "That's way better than an hourglass"
3. "Really lets you know what it's doing."

   What they all seem to like is that it is easy to see what application
is being launched and that the vertical motion of the cursor grabs their
eye and is easy to find on the screen.