List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: How to join the KDE Usability Team?
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-30 17:24:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 30 December 2008 14:23:53 Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> If it is working as the developer intended but now how you expect,
> then it is difficult for you to put yourself in an unbiased position to
> determine who has the better mental model, you or the developer.

Don't be surprised that we sometimes see that the opposite way.  I can't count
how many times people have told me that they find it totally illogical to have
Mailing List Management in the top menu rather than the folder's context menu.
It's not a setting for all folders, just for the highlighted folder. The logic
of that decision escapes everyone who has ever written on the subject to
mailing lists, yet when I tried to draw attention to it I was told that the
Usability Group decreed that the top menu was the correct place for it, and
that's that.

Anne