List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE 4.2 Toolbars
From:       Maciej Pilichowski <bluedzins () wp ! pl>
Date:       2008-11-20 20:35:57

On Thursday 20 November 2008 21:16:13 James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> If I want to get to the File menu in Konqueror, I need to press:
>
> <Alt> + F

Correction. You MAY press

alt + f

yes, but you MAY as well press

alt, f

or

alt, enter

or

alt, down

> But, it would be easier to learn if you didn't have to hold down
> the <Alt> key and the menu bar was activated when you pressed the
> <Alt> key.

It is exactly right, and it already works this way (I mean from KDE3).

> If what I am saying is not the way it works on your system (which
> is certainly possible) is there something that I need to configure?

It works the way you described and it also works the way you wished. I
didn't configure anything. For example, I have bare opensuse in vbox
and it works this way too (no sticky keys, nothing).

I guess, I just increased your appetite, not helped you... sorry for
that.

Cheers,