List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Automatic completion mode
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-11-17 16:49:14

Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
> There is another issue here -- how can you tell the difference between
> suggested text and typed text. Color? So you have to provide color
> for text, for selected text, for secure text (https in konqueror) and
> for suggested text. And all those colors should match and be visible
> for the user.

Of course, but that's been solved since more than a year. We have
/eight/ color roles per set, and you only mentioned a need for three
(selected text is just normal text from the selected set).

...and I'm not sure that you should be mixing 'secure text' with
anything involving suggested text (how do you know in advance that the
suggestion represents something 'secure'?).

--
Matthew
Sendmail administration is not black magic. There are legitimate