List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: User plea!
From:       "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-05 6:43:04

I think that what is need is referred to as 'public relations' in some
institutions. A select few who answer questions from the public and
make FAQ lists. When the press / trolls have a question, they can turn
to this public relations group, ask a question, and get a
straightforward answer. If there are enough resources, then the public
relations group could go out and actively seek misinformation to
correct it at the spot. Of course, the public relations staff must be
in contact with the developers, and will ask the developers questions.

I volunteer for the job. In about two weeks I will have more time on
my hands to actively work on this. I propose starting out with a
public relations page on kde.org with a text form where users could
ask questions. I will do my best to answer them correctly, but of
course I will need to be in contact with code devs to do that. I would
like to do that on the devel list as the devs are already subscribed,
but I will prepend each subject with [PRQ]: "Public Relations
Question" so that they can be easily filtered.

What sayth the devs?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן- -ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?