List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: User plea!
From:       Kevin Boyce <kevin.boyce () ngc ! com>
Date:       2008-05-27 12:38:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I would also have to agree with Anne's assessment.  One of the things
that set KDE apart from gnome was the flexibility and how customizable
it was.  While it is evident that much work has gone into kde4 (and
these updates are much appreciated).  I feel that some features have
been forgotten at the expense of ease of implementation.

Particular concerns are panel settings (currently I can only adjust the
height).  I miss being able to make it semi-transparent, and only
consume 90% of the screen width, etc.  Also, I noticed that when adding
new plasmoids to the panel, they always appear from the right.  The
workaround is to delete all the widgets and start over from left to
right (kind of a pain).  Also, I miss the old style of Kontrol Center,
where there was much more hardware information available at the users
fingertips.

I realize that plasma has been designed to be highly flexible, so I hope
to see further development which extends the usability beyond KDE3's
capabilities.

Anyways, thanks for the hard work.  I hope to see KDE4 mature rather
quickly.

Kevin