List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Interface concept: Collapsing menu line
From:       Milan Krivda <swalko12 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-04-20 6:22:13

This idea may look good on paper. In a practice Internet Explorer 7 uses
this concept. Menu is hidden most of working time. Hiding and showing
menu (if you want save page, ...) is rapidly slowing work. Another icon
on title bar? Modern way is simplification of gui, grouping toolbar
button functions and reducing number of visual elements. Mac OS X
windows without menubars look beautiful, but Mac OS X has completely
different gui concept. You cannot take feature from one gui and apply it
to another completely different gui.